Saturday 20 October 2012

Finally! Some Gardening Cards...


I've been playing with the bits and bobs of gardening themed paper I had out on my work desk this week. Finally got some cards finished and have one to share with you today.
I am a little nervous as these are more of my "quickie" cards. No lovely colouring here...just fussing cutting images, stamping a sentiment and assembling it into cards to donate to the garden club raffle.

I hand cut the cloud banner flag and the 2 layers of cardstock behind it, fussy cut the butterfly from the Spring Garden series paper and added 3 aqua bling jewels.

The glittered designer paper of the birdhouses and fence was trimmed from a 12 inch page to fit the card and small rust jewels added over the fence nail heads printed on it. Luckily, the bird houses and flowers were shot with glimmery glitter already!

 I added the fussy cut wellies and potted lavender and popped them forward with a couple of glue dots.

I kept the inside fairly simple as well.


That's it! I know they are bit too simple, but  a girl has to ease back into card making somehow!!!

Card Bases -  Recollections Brand, kraft corrugated 6 x6,  Michaels
Cloud banner - Echo Park , hello Summer
Gardening Designer paper - Forever In Time, Spring Garden Series
Bling Jewels - from my stash
White, salmon and golden card stock - snippets from my stash

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop  http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.ca/- I have used snippets to finish off this card.
2. Cards Galore Challenge Blog http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.ca/ Anything Goes
3. Freshly Brewed Challenge  http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.ca/  Thinking of You
4. The Craft Garden http://www.thecraftgarden.blogspot.ca/  Banner (cloud banner strip) Pink (butterfly)
Sparkle (jewel bling and glimmer and glitter on my fussy cut images) flowers ( flowers in the wheelbarrow          
and in the clay pot)
5. Paper Crafting Journey http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.ca/ Add some bling (added 3 jewels on      cloud banner and all along fence rail).
6. Creative Card Crew http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.ca/ Birds (there are birds sitting on top of the birdhouses)
7. Creative Craft Challenges http://creativecraftchallenges2.blogspot.ca/ 3 of anything ( I have 3 jewels on my cloud banner strip)
8. Through The Craft Room Door http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/ Anything goes # 40

25 comments:

Sassy Raggedy said...

Well I think this is lovely...Hope you are feeling better. This card is very nice...joann sassy raggedy

Di said...

Wow, this is totally fabulous! Love the gardening theme and all the gorgeous extras make this a super special card - welcome back (no pun intended), great to see you crafting again! Hugs, Di xx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Fabulous layout and colourings. Thanks for sharing over at Creative Card Crew this time
Elaine DT

Jo said...

Very cute card. Love the birdhouses. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.

Vicky said...

So gorgeous sweetie...and a big thank you for your lovely comments on my blog / regarding my job too...and I do hope you feel better soon... :o)

have a lovely weekend hun...big hugs Vicky xx

C said...

Yikes...I'm just catching up and realizing you had back surgery...that's not for sissies! Since you are creating, I'm praying you're healing well.

Cute card!

Sarn said...

You say it's simple, but it doesn't matter . . .it's still a handmade card made with love. And what's more, it's LOVELY!

Hope you continue to make a good recovery xxx

Pia S said...

I think your card is really sweet! I've made quite a few cards without any use of stamps or digis myself, and even though they are simpler in the way that no coloring is needed, you still have the work of finding papers that match and put everything into a layout that you're pleased with. I think the banner with the clouds is a really nice touch on this card, and the wellies make a great image too!

Penny said...

Love all the elements you combined to create this card--it is so pretty! Especially love the popped boots & plant! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jules said...

It must be lovely for you to be back crafting .. .. but it may be quite a bit longer before you will be doing any gardening!!!

Loving the cute birdhouse image. That would make for a great stamp.

I love the banner flag!!

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Tracy said...

I have to disagree with you about these cards being simple. They are far from simple.
All that fussy cutting!!
This card is gorgeous. Your garden club is lucky to receive your cards.

Shelby said...

This is a beautiful card. I love all of the elements you've used to create a gorgeous garden!

Shelby

Glenda Atkins said...

That paper is marvellous, what a gorgeous card you created from it, love the wellies and the potted lavender! I think it is quite creative. Hope you're on the mend and feeling better. Don't overdo anything, hugs
glenda

Jacki Daniels said...


This is beautiful thanks for playing with us at PCJ this time
Jacki xx

505whimsygirl said...

VERY cute gardening cards!!!

Hugs,
Kay

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card! Love the image and all the rhinestones! So happy that you were already able to make a card! Feel better very soon! Hugs

Gale said...

Fabulous card and so much fussy cutting. Thanks for playing along with us at PCJ and good luck. Hugs, Gale

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great card and great desk down below too can see you are enjoying it again so important beautiful work Shaz in Oz.x

Sharon said...

Thank you for becoming a follower and the lovely comments you left on my blog. I am now a follower of your blog and have enjoyed really enjoyed reading through your blog and looking at your gorgeous cards.
Don't forget to enter a comment on my followers candy.
Hugs Sharon. x

Lisa said...

Super cure card love the pendant

MaryH said...

So happy to hear you are feeling better. Your card is lovely, doesn't look 'simple' at all. Your nail heads on the fence were such a great detail, and your handcut gardening boots...neat touch. The corrugated background was perfect for the birdhouse paper. Great job...somebody had a delighted smile when opening this one. TFS

tootsie said...

Thank you for entering our Bling it up challenge over at
The Paper Crafting Journey !

I have some BLOG CANDY
on my blog if you are interested! The Prize is going to be either 1 x $100 or 2 x $50 Whimsy Gift Certificates.

Hugs,
Wendy

Im just me - Marleen said...

beautiful project. thank you for entering the cards Galore challenge xx

Unknown said...

Lovely card hun. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges :) x

VanessaB said...

beautiful inside and out!! Thanks for playing at Fresh Brewed Designs! :)