I coloured and stickled the twig wreath at my Tuesday evening crafting night with my neighbour Lisa. The twig wreath image brought back lots of memories for me as I used to make twig wreaths when we lived in the Okanagan. There is a vine that grows in the ditches and climbs up the property fences there. It turns a lovely red in the late fall and then all the leaves drop after frost.
I would cut it back and save the vine bits. It is so pliable you can weave the vine into circles or hearts or whatever you fancy. Very easy to do and super quick to make. When I saw this wreath stamp, I knew I had to have it!
I looked all through my Xmas DP looking for something with a house on it. I wanted the card to somehow be tied to the idea of decorating the house for the holidays! Found one in the My Minds Eye Winter Wonderland 6x6 stack, so chose to use all the other papers from this stack as well. I stickled the leaves and berries on the image, the holly on the sentiment, and the snow and trees, with Star Dust stickles. It is my favourite colour!
I tilted this one a wee bit o you can see the sparkle!
Here is a wee bit larger view so you can see the sparkle on the image.
Card Base - from my stash (originally from Michaels Recollections Brand Kraft Corrugated)
Design paper - from my newer stash, originally My Minds Eye Winter Wonderland
Border strip - from my stash, originally K and Co various Christmas borders
Bling - from my stash, origianlly from Dollarama
Stickles - Star Dust
Dies - Spellbinder Round and Scalloped round
Stamp - PSX Xmas Heart Wreath
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - Snippets (The copic paper, the bling and the card base are all from my old stash. The MME is from my newer 2012 stash.)
2. Gingerloft - Love is in the air (The wreath is in a heart shape and there is a heart above the house chimney.)
3. Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog - Recipe: 3 DP (3 MME DP papers), 2 embellishments (red pearl bling and clear diamond bling), 1 image
4. Penny Black and More - Love is in the air (The wreath is in a heart shape and there is a heart above the house chimney.)
5. A Gem of a Challenge #64 - Holiday (Christmas)
6. Sparkles Christmas Challenge - Snowman ( My snowman is tiny, he is just beside the house.)
7. Christmas Cards all Year Round - Anything Goes As Long As It Is Christmas
8 Christmas Card Challenge @ Speedy TV - Anything Christmas
9. Crafty Hazelnuts CHNC Extra - Anything Goes Christmas themed