Friday 31 January 2014

Angels On High - for CHNC Extra

Hi there

I am back with the second card for my guest design spot at Hazel's Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra. Once again, Hazel was kind enough to provide me with another Bugaboo image of my choice. With a little coaxing from Little Miss C, I chose Christmas Words, Angel. You can find it here at Bugaboo stamps.

Hazel sent me a Christmas card using this image and Little Miss C fell in love with it. Whenever she was over during the Christmas season she would gravitate to this card and study it carefully with a big smile on her face!

I coloured this image with my copic markers and went over the halo and stars with a silver Sakura Gelly Roll pen. It just gives a little added shimmer. I also popped a teensy, clear diamond on each of those stars. I went a little brighter with the colours for this card...just a bit out of my usual comfort zone. I am trying to stretch myself a bit this year to try new things. This card will be for Little Miss C next Christmas. I tried to chose bright colours as she is only 7 years old!



The design papers are from the 12x12 BoBunny Mistletoe collection. My LSS had an open house back in the Christmas season and had a special offer on this collection. Surprisingly, the side and scale of the design papers worked for card making too.

I layered some fairly bright red and green poinsettias for the Michael's dollar bins over some dollar store chipboard snowflakes. These are more of my 25 cent clearance poinsettias...as I bought every package they had. I pulled off the huge clear diamond that was on them (crookedly), and replaced it with a cluster of teensy, red diamonds.

Here is a bit of an arty view...


I have kept to my goal of finishing up the inside of my cards before taking the pictures for my blog. I matted a left over snippet of the Pucker Up print onto a snippet of blue card stock. I then stamped the sentiment onto a snippet of white card and inked up the edges of that with a bit of black chalk ink. I mounted that trio onto the inside of my now finished card. I am starting to enjoy doing up this last step!


Recipe:
Card Base - 5 1/2 inch square card from my stash
Design Paper - Bo Bunny Mistletoe from my stash
Card Stock - snippets of red, white and blue from my stash
Flowers - Michael's Nouveau Noel Poinsettia
Chipboard - Dollar store snowflake from my stash
Bling - red and clear diamonds from my stash
Sentiment - Stampin' Up
Image - Bugaboo Stamps

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Craftyhazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with paper

21 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for another fantastic card as my guest on CHNC challenge extra for February - and thanks too for entering this into my Patterned Paper challenge - hope to see you there again soon. x

Hettie said...

Oh Mo! This is beautiful. No wonder Miss C loved it.
Well done you.
Have a super weekend. We are due storms again, so I guess I will be playing in my room. No need to go out!
Hugs
xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Congrats on being guest designer! Lovely cards - the shoe card is fantastic!

jimlynn said...

Big congrats on your guest designer spot!!!
Love this card! The blue and red just pop off the page with beauty and that little angel image is adorable! Fabulous card!
Lynn

scrapn_momof2 said...

So stinking cute!!! Love the fun colors.

Carol L said...

I just love how that cute image is included in the sentiment! Brilliant idea to use those red flowers and snowflake too!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I really like the idea of continuing the printed paper on the inside of the card... especially given that I have enough paper to start my own store. That would help me lessen the load a little. I love your sweet angel card and I can see why Miss C is so smitten with it! Very nice!

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous image, and a brilliant card, love the snowflakes and the flowers and all of it.

Kath x

Sue said...

Congrats on being a guest designer Mo!! both these cards are totally gorgeous love them have a fab weekend we have storms again :( sick of rain and wind LOL huggles Sue xxx

Rose said...

such a pretty card :)
thrilled to have you as our guest this month on CHNC extra :)

Darnell said...

Squee! Another really sensational snippets card, Maureen! Just like Little Miss C, this little angel has me smiling all over my head!! Hugs, Darnell

Pia S said...

The way you describe Little Miss C she sounds like a little angel (I was really touched by her wanting no birthday presents but a donation, was it to an animal shelter of some sort). So the angel image seems to be the perfect choice for her card. I like how you combined lots of blue colors with touches of red and green on this card.

Di said...

Hi Mo! Yes, of course you can add this cute card to the Playground 'cos I do allow a little bit of back linking plus you did have problems with naughty Mr Linky. And yes you can enter a further two snippets cards and all three will have a chance in the prize draw :-)

Hugs

Di
xx

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card, such a sweet image and pretty papers. I love your colour combination and fabulous embellishments.
Pauline
x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is fab too Maureen. Love how you coloured the image the shading is fab! Beautifully finished off too! Susan x

Sandy said...

You are well on your way with Christmas cards - two corkers in a row! My new word is corker. I just love that word and your bright and pretty Christmas card.
Sandy xx

Mrs A. said...

A really cute card and one that little Miss C is bound to love. Am finishing off the insdies of my cards too. It realy doesn't take that much extra time and helps that snippet pile go down a treat. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Fabulous card Mo - I do love that image and you did great jobs on this one and your next linked one using the same image!

Thank you for grabbing the snippets button too :)

Hugs, Di xx

Heather said...

Such a fun card! Perfect for a 7 year old. I'm sure she will love it. Good for you finishing off the inside of the card. I'm trying to make that my goal, too, but it doesn't always work for me. Congrats on being our GDT member at CHCN2 this month.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Gorgeous card Maureen! I saw it over at CHNCC Extra and just had to stop by and say how much I loved it. Congrats on being a Guest Designer - that's wonderful :-))

Jocelyn x
Instead of Ironing Blogspot

Greta said...

I love this blue version--sweet angel & such pretty papers!