Wednesday 12 November 2014

More forgotten treasure - Round II Cards 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, and 35

Quite some time ago I altered this little dollar store lunch pail. I planned to fill it with Thank You cards and use it for a gift. It was originally a Bart Simpson image on the front so I Mod Podged some black floral DP over it. I used a black background paper as I thought the Bart image might show through anything lighter in colour. Luckily the raised edges at the font and back as well as the sides of the lunch pail, were already just plain black, so I was able to leave those as is.  It only took the one rectangle of black floral DP and a snippet of glittery card to finnish the front. I then added some flowers that were left over from a scrapbook project...what luck.

I used matte Mod Podge but did not think to swirl my brush as I applied the top coasts. I think it would have given a nicer texture. Mine is a bit boring as I evenly ran my brush across in straight lines. Boring, I know...sigh...

As I was dusting it to pack away, I heard a funny "thunk". I opened it to find that I had already made 6 of the cards and had the bits inside to made 4 more. Could not fit all the cards in the photo so you will have to take my word that there are 6 finished!

I managed to find envelopes at the scrapbook shop that fit the pail. I then cut the cards to match that size. They are smaller than the standard...I think they are around 3 1/2 x 5.



 I made the flower on the front left card. I used a snippet of glittered paper and did not like that the pattern did not seem even.  I found some VOS premade flowers in my stash, and stuck them onto some snippets punched with Stampin' Up's scalloped circle. I like that they are all similar yet slightly different! This project lets me cross 12 flowers off my flower ticker for the year. I think my challenge to use up 365 flowers this year has been a dismall failure. Unless I can dream up a way to use up 247 flowers in the next 6 weeks, Well, I guess there is the hundred or more that I donated tot he thrift shop...perhaps I should have taken a photo of those...ahahahaha



 The Thank You cards on the left are for the gift tin. It will be a set of ten in all.  The  Follow Your Heart card is for my finished card box.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets.

21 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

These are gorgeous Maureen. I love the black and white combo it always looks so classy and the lunch pail looks fab! A beautiful gift. Susan x

Veerle said...

One word : GORGEOUS such a beautiful project and I think it's perfect as a gift.
Hugs, Veerle xx

Carol said...

What a gorgeous little gift idea Maureen. Carol x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful! I love your little lunch pail and what a wonderful idea to put the cards in it for a gift! Great little set - and how wonderful to find that you had some already completed!

Jean said...

What a lovely gift idea. The cards look great in the monochrome colour scheme.
Jean x

Carol L said...

Fun cards, including the tin they'll go in! I love the designs and sparkle! NJ!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous gift Maureen, I love your black and white design.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

These are gorgeous as is the tin.

Kath x

jimlynn said...

Fun projects - both the cards and the tin! This is really a cute gift idea too. Love all the shine!!!
Lynn

Sue said...

Ooooo love that tin Mo!! its fab and the cards are gorgeous..lots of huggles to you all xxxxx Sue x

Mrs A. said...

My mind was boggling as I was reading your post and when I go to the picture I was expecting to see a pail(bucket)so your little (lunch box) was a complete surprise. I was wondering what Bart would be doing on a bucket!!
A great makeover. Hugs Mrs A.

Greta said...

What a great project! Black & white is so elegant--beautiful flowers!

Di said...

You did a fantastic job here Mo! I adore your upcycled lunch pail and those cards are beautiful.

Hugs

Di xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is one awesome project Maureen so creative and what a transformation I love the colours and cards, superb work.
hugs
lorraine x

Pia S said...

This is a great idea for a gift! A small suitcase like box complete with matching cards for different occasions. Their clean designs make them perfect for any person of any age too. How clever!

rachel said...

super cards Maureen - the black and white looks fabulous - great close up too! Hugs rachel x

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wow, I love this Maureen. I want to come to your house and help you find more stuff....lol Hugs, joann

MagsB said...

This is fabulous! What a brilliant idea to turn a lunch pail into something so chic! The cards are so elegant, too!

love Mags B x

Vicky Hayes said...

I do like a gift set of cards Maureen and love your dramatic colour scheme on this one. Use up 247 flowers in 6 weeks? Come on, don't be defeated! Vicky x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah what a very clever idea Maureen - so very well done indeed!! must admit rather smiled at you calling it a pail, as looked like tin to me .. not a bucket, as that's what we call pails. :D language is so very curious eh? love it!! Shaz in Oz.x

Hettie said...

Great job you have done on this Mo. I love it.
Hugs
xx