Friday 3 February 2012

A tired hello

It is just after midnight and I am sitting in a sea of chaos!

The domestic diva came by to make some cards. We had a good natter and started to churn out 6 cards and then suddenly everything went sideways!

DD spilt my Stazon cleaner all over my fitted carpet in the scraproom.. A huge amount spilled and sprayed all over! We had to race up and down the stairs to get cloths to blot it all up and wet cloths to scrub it, etc. Oh my...All the while we were trying not to wake up poor DH who just got back from a business trip and was asleep, exhausted.
I just cleared out the carpet protector mats that normally live on that carpet. They were cracked and tatty and off to the landfill they went.  Dh bought me new ones but the sizing was off and they don't fit. We are going to replace them this weekend..isn't that always the way!.

Once we got all that sorted, we got back to the cards and then discovered that the flowers we had inked sort of clashed with the swirls we had stamped.  A second coat of darker brown was applied...nope, still not right. A third coat of stazon and then they finally met with her approval.  20 inky fingers then had to be cleaned with...oh no...you guessed it, the tricky bottle of stazon cleaner!!! Mission accomplished safely, this time.

It was so late when she headed home that I volunteered to tidy up tomorrow.  Ohhhh, this desk would make a great picture for WOYWW...too bad it is not Wednesday!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

I can envision you running up and down the stairs trying to be quiet. Lol... Sounds like on of my escapades.

Anonymous said...

lol! That sounds like quite a night!

Mary Jo said...

Oh no! Sounds like quite a hassle!
But at least you came up with a good end result :)

Pamela said...

It seems like it is always something! :)

The Artful Diva said...

This is such a sad, sad story ;-) Those cards will always have that memory attached to them. It's always something!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had quite the interesting night! :)

Bridget Larsen said...

I hope your daughter has a great time visiting our country, if she is ever going to come to Canberra please ask her to call me and I'll meet up with her

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! Hope the cards turned out great.

Amy said...

Wow! What a night. I love making cards with friends!