Saturday 11 February 2012

Valentines Cards

Have a couple more Valentine cards to share.  I love to send off cards in the mail.
The "So very Sweet" card is for my Mom. She is 86 and lives about 4 hours drive away from me.
She is so sweet. She always displays any handmade cards for about a month and then saves them to give back to me!  (Just in case I can salvage any embellies off of them.)

The next card is for my stash  A certain Mr. Scrappymo! will be getting it next year!
The red square is an embossed heart , sort of like a wordle. I know it is hard to see in the photo...here is bit of a close up.
I used stick pins for the first time ever.  I think I should have made a bit more of an embellishment cluster with them!  Oh well, the good thing about making a card for a husband is they think it is perfect...no matter what!
Hope you enjoyed them and thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Erika said...

Great cards, love the embossed word heart.
Hugs Erika.

Jo said...

They're both beautiful cards and that embossed "love" heart is gorgeous! You should defo enter these into some comps - they're fab!You asked how i do the challenges - well i go on the Feline Playful website http://felineplayful.blogspot.com/ and they do daily challenge lists and they also list the winners.I usually sit down with a cuppa and a notebook and go through the daily lists to see which challenges my card will fit then list it in my book with the end date of the challenge so i can check back later. I have lists for everything and all in diferent notebooks lol! I understand the memory problems - my eldest son had a stroke nearly 4 years ago when he was only 20 and one of the effects of that was memory - we now write lists for everything! My son jokes that i need a list of all my lists!! Hope this makes sense - and get entering - your cards are fab!I'm on the DT at Lexi's Creations and your cards would fit their "LOVE" challenge - go for it !
Have fun and take care!
Jo x

Anonymous said...

Its fun to see how you used the stick pins...I have yet to try those.

Rhona said...

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about Alice, she is so precious to us. Also, it gave me the opportunity to come and visit your blog :) I love the cards that you've made (the embossed heart is great!) and that you send one to your Mum. xx

SandeeNC said...

I think it's wonderful how your mother displays your cards, that IS sweet! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Tracy said...

All of your cards are so pretty :)
I really like the contrast of colour in the first card.
I love the heart shaped stick pins..I have a couple packages of them myself ;)

Lisa said...

beautiful cards love the heart pins.