Sunday 25 March 2012

Introducing The Pony Girl

My husband is getting stronger by the day. Thanks for all the kind comments.

Our daughter and son in law were in a curling bonspiel this weekend. The grandchildren were at MIL's for Friday night till Saturday afternoon. She kindly dropped them off at ours at 2:00 and little Miss C. wanted to go straight to the craft room to finish her cards. Little Mr. P and Grandpa kept busy upstairs, with their own art project, decorating their "shoe box tunnel" for the railroad, with rockwork and a railroad name sign.

Miss C did really well. I keep a baggie of pre-cut Spellbinder die cut shapes. She chose shapes but did find it hard to cut the glue tape and place it. I learned that it will be easier for her if I "pre-tape" the backs with the dollar store double sided tape and store them in the baggie that way!

Apart from that, she had a really good idea of how she wanted them to look. She had 2 favourites and wants to make more cards, similar to those. I encouraged her to try brad flowers on one...just so she could learn to use the pokey pin and push them through...She seemed to like it!

We used cards from a boxed card pack so she didn't have to make the card from scratch. It is very cheap to do them as they are 5 bucks for 50 and include the envelopes. They are thick and sturdy for little hands which are often not holding the card very delicately!!!

Here is the link to her brand new blog...I hope you will pay her a little visit. She has posted her very first card!
http://theponygirl06.blogspot.ca/

12 comments:

Jo said...

Hiya, great news about hubby!Going to go visit Miss C at her new blog now!
Jo x

Sassy Raggedy said...

Well, I have joined Miss C's blog now and was actually so surprised at how well her card is. I hope she is encouraged to keep coloring. So good of you to help her out so much. I know you have been so busy. Hope you and your hubby are much better. You have a precious little granddaughter. joann sassy raggedy

Mary Jo said...

I am so sorry to hear that your husband had a heart attack! But glad he is doing ok. How scary!!!
How are you holding up?

Visited Miss C.'s blog and left her some love about her card :)

Redanne said...

So good to hear that your hubby is on the mend. Like your newsy update.

SandeeNC said...

OK, I want to see her cards she made and the railroad! Sounds like y'all have some great crafts going on. So glad hubby is feeling better! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

May said...

So glad to hear your hubby is getting stronger/better each day, that is great news... Big Hugs May x x x

Barb King said...

Glad to hear your husband is getting stronger, so sorry to hear about his heart attack. Don't worry about stamping the bird images, it sounds like you have a lot of stressful things going on, you don't need one more thing to worry about. Be sure you're taking care of yourself, too!
barb

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Her cards turned out great!!

Tracy said...

The children must love coming and visiting you, so much fun they have.

Sue Althouse said...

Oh my, so sorry to hear about your husband and glad he's on the mend. Scary.

Erika said...

Hope hubby is feeling better. Reference details you asked me about for crafters in Glasgow, tell your friend to go to Inkspot 23-31 Castle Street Hamilton behind the big Asda's and ask for Lyn Kinnie...tell her she is a beginner and she will sort her out with what she needs to start. If you want to pass her name to me I can let Lyn know via my boss. Aberdeen have regular events on as do Elgin and Inverness but there are also things going on in her area that the staff at Inkspot will fill her in with.
She will not need a bigshot and dies to start with but Lyn will advise her in person.
Hope that is of some help, regards Erika. x

Anita Scroggins said...

What a great Grandmother you are! Love the card and the new blog! Now, please tell me where I won blog candy at!! I can't for the life of me remember! I hop all over the place, I swear I am going to have to start keeping a log. I am getting too old to remember!