Wednesday 12 September 2012

It's the little things you say and do


Glamour girl gave us a fabulous gift for Christmas...tickets to the Arts Club Theatre. We had a choice of various performances at their 3 venues during the season. It was such a perfect gift...DH loves live theater!

Then our world changed in March and the tickets lay forgotten...and almost expired.

Luckily, Glamour Girl started to remind me that the season would soon be ending. I managed to book us tickets to the last evening show of The Buddy Holly Story at the Stanley. We have always enjoyed dancing to his music in the past and looked forward to our evening out. We got all dressed up...I even wore a new dress and shrug, and fancy shoes too...no small feat for a woman with back problems. DH looked smart in black dress pants and a crisp shirt and tie.

We  made reservations for supper at Monks. We sat and enjoyed our dinner and gorgeous water views of False Creek. It was fun to view the city from that angle. Glamour Girl lives beside the water...she can walk to South Granville area or Kits or Granville Island...that is just part of her everyday life. To us, the views are a treat!


These rowers were out on the water and it reminded me of when Glamour Girl rowed on a Dragon Boat Team in False Creek. Alas there were not any dragon boaters out that evening...sorry!
The aqua buses were busy transporting people back and forth from the city  across  False Creek. There is a stop right at Monks.
G
Just as we were leaving, an aqua bus pulled up to the Monk's dock and this Bride and Groom got off!
I got a quick picture before we headed out to meet up with the valet. There was a bit of a delay in bringing back our car, so we rushed straight off to the theater.

DH managed to find a parking lot about a block from the theater. That is about my limit for walking without something to lean on at the moment, so that was so thoughtful of him. As we turned the corner to approach the Stanley, lo and behold, the photographer was doing PR pictures out front. They were nice enough to motion to me to feel free to take some pictures too.


DH was beaming from the ticket window as I fired off these shots.

The play was so fabulous. Zachary Stevenson was a great Buddy Holly. His voice is just superb. The resemblance to Buddy Holly's voice is uncanny. He has played Buddy for several years for various different theater groups across Canada. Not bad for a boy from Victoria!

In tribute to my DH, who has struggled so much with his health in 2012, I leave you with a snippet of a different sort...a snippet of my favourite Buddy Holly song...Rave On

Well, the little things you say and do, make me want to be with you
Rave on, it's a crazy feeling and I know it's got me reelin'
When you say, I love you
Rave On


24 comments:

Tracy said...

So nice that you and your husband had such a nice evening out :)

Darnell said...

What a fantastic photo journal of your very special night out, Mo! I'm so happy that you and DH had such a grand time and I'm so jealous ~ I LOVE Buddy Holly!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous photo's and glad you had such a great time out!
hugs
glenda

Redanne said...

A really lovely post today Mo, love the photos, they will always be a reminder of a wonderful night out. Hope your back is not suffering too much as a result though. Love Buddy Holly too! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Anita Scroggins said...

looks like you had a blast! My friends and I have season tickets to the musicals every year and we love it!

505whimsygirl said...

What a nice evening out! Great photos!!

Hugs, Kay

Sandy said...

Peggy Sue - Peggy sue -- Oh how much that I love you ah ah Peggy, my Peggy Sue uooo uoo --- I loved Buddy Holly and still do. thanks for the pictures and visiting my blog. I just subscribed - I love it when I can subscribe to a blog via e-mail. Loved your pictures!!
Sandy

Di said...

Wow, what a fabulous evening to remember! We love Buddy Holly too - and I love you Mo for the JoAnn's voucher :) We went yesterday, and I sent Len through the checkout for 40% with his voucher and I followed with mine. Thank you honey for the tips and hints and the link!

Flying home tomorrow - all good things come to an end.

Di xx

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, beautiful photos! You surely had a great evening! Hugs

Sarah said...

Sounds like a fabulous evening - one you will remember!! xx

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Sounds like a wonderful time for you guys! I love your photos of the whole date!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful outing you had! Those little boat taxis look so fun! what gorgeous weather, views and fun play!

Diana Seal said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and fantastic sunshiny weather too! Wonderful pictures!!!

Unknown said...

Hi ya, oh my word, this looks amazing! I do love having this sort of peep into other people's worlds - especially pictures of where they live and where you live looks amazing!!

Sounds like you had a lovely meal and show as well.

Just had a wander back through your last few posts as well - the holiday looked fun and I know my daughter would love the play park and the swimming pool!!

Cheerio
Sarah

PS - Wonderful craft room as well, wish I had something like that!!!!

Erika said...

Oh I've seen that show over here a couple of times, fabulous it is too. I was up dancing and singing!
Great night out and great pictures too.
Hugs Erika.

C said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!

Mary Jo said...

This is such a happy post!
Sounds like you had a great time and got some wonderful photos!! :)

Glenda Atkins said...

I am replying here just in case you do not receive my email to your questions about the Doodle Pantry challenge and which image to use:


You have to submit a card using any Doodle Pantry image(not Mr. Monkey) into the challenge and then with-in a few days you receive the Mr. Monkey digital stamp set just for participating.You still have a chance of winning the main prize. If you do not already have a Doodle Pantry image they do have some freebies!
hugs
Glenda

May said...

A Beautiful post.. I am so glad you and hubby had a wonderful evening.. here's to many more!! Hugs May x x x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a fabulous time you had, the pictures look amazing. x

Barb King said...

Sounds like a great night out, and isn't it always fun to get dressed up for a special occasion! Barb

Jules said...

Hi there!!

What an amazing post.

It sounds like you both had a well deserved "special night to remember"!.

So pleased to read in your previous post that your surgery date is nearly here so that you can get some relief from all the pain.

Love Jules xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Looks like you had a great time. What gorgeous photos and views!!
hugs,
Chris

Tamika said...

I'm back! It's great that you got to dress up and see the play with your husband! The pictures are fantastic and so is the new memory you've created and hearing your favorite song! 8)