Tuesday 29 January 2013

Filling the bins!

2013 shows my supply of finished cards fairly depleted. I am down to one card box (shoebox sized) of finished cards and 2 boxes of 3/4 finished! That last  little gem was hard to write...now you know my little crafty secret! Sometimes I start a card and just can't pull it together into a finished project that I like. So I set it aside till my mojo is working...
Other times I am half way through and we then  have drop in company and I set it aside and do an quick "tidy" in case they want to come downstairs for some reason. Believe me, I have learned the hard way that the times I don't do the quick tidy is exactly the time DH will drag someone downstairs! All these bad habits have the card UFO's out of control

My daughters are welcome to look through my finished boxes of cards and take what they need. Youngest daughter uses  a lot of cards in a year. 22 kids in little Mr P's preschool class and 22 kids in Little Miss C's grade 1 class. That alone makes for a lot of birthday cards! Add in all the family and friends  birthdays that they celebrate and all those friends kids, and it would be a small fortune at a card shop!

Thankfully they have my finished card stash and Little Miss C's card stash to choose from. Now I am low on kids and adult birthday cards and new baby cards...so I am going to be making a lot of quick and easy cards to replenish these card bins. I plan to rifle through the UFO's and finally get them finished...some just need inserts or a verse stamped inside...those should be fairly quick to work on!

I am going to use flowers on as many cards as I can this year as I have a abundance of flowers many of which are out of vogue for a card makers taste...but what does a 10 year know about which flower is in style! I will try to remake some  the flowers and combine them with other elements to give them a more up to date look!

Enough rambling...here is my first finished quickie card of 2013...Yes, it's a bit of a cheater as the image is cut from a scrapbook paper. I just fell in love with these images and bought a sheet of the blue little boy shades and  a sheet of the girly pink shades. They have been languishing in the cupboard since the release of that line...it is high timeIid something with them!

Hopefully the use of flowers on a baby boy card is suitable...normally I would use something "boyish" but these papers are so dreamy and soft looking that I thought these ones might be OK. So now it is 3 flowers used,  only 7 million left!!! teeeheee


The card stock was from the snippets pile and the flower and butterfly have been in my stash for over a year. The vellum script border in the middle of the card, was from a clearance bin at Michael's quite some time ago. I think I paid around a dollar for the whole package...Wish I had bought ten of them as I love this vellum border!

Now, off to make up the matching little girl card! Hopefully I have a pinkish butterfly...See you soon!

Recipe:
1. Card base from my stash, from Michaels originally
2. Cardstock - from my snippets drawer
3. Flowers - from my stash, originally from  Dollar Giant and Dollarama
4. Butterfly - from my stash originally K and Co I think
5. Vellum Script border, from my stash but originally from Michaels clearance bins...maybe K and Co
6. Design Paper - Graphic 45 Little Darlings Collection

I am submitting this card for the following challenges.
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets (Cardstock and border are snippets...flowers and butterfly have been in leftover from other projects and left in my stash for a long time!)
2. Celebrate the Occasion - Green, white and one other colour (Green, white and blue)
3. The Crafty Bloggers Network - Flowers
4. Somgbird Challenge - New Baby
5  Through the Craftroom Door - Anything goes
6. Totally Gorjuss - Flowers
7. My Creative Moments - Word Play Saturday - Anything

16 comments:

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Lovely card :) I love your flower on the card even if it is not 'boyish' ;) I like the way you write... 'out of vouge' flowers :)

Sue said...

This is lovely...I have tons of flowers I really must use some up after the day I've had I just feel like going outside and throwing them in the air like confetti lol hugs hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bonnie said...

This image reminds me of some of the baby cards in my baby book! We won't say how vintage that is! Love the flowers and the sweet blue and darling image! Glad to know that someone else has a UFO box. Mine doesn't have 3/4 finished cards though. It's just a jumble of stamped pieces.

Mary Jo said...

Such a pretty little card!
I have tons of half finished projects :)

Pia S said...

This is SO sweet! The sleeping baby looks so peaceful, and your flowers are gorgeous! I also have quite a few unfinished cards - but I will eventually find out how to finish them off!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful vintage image and just a gorgeous card! Wish I had an abundance of flowers, lucky you, I certainly love the ones you used on this card! The butterfly is lovely too!
hugs
Glenda

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful card with that gorgeous image. I think the flowers look perfect on it too. Great idea to have cards stashed away, my box is depleted too, really must get cracking on some more........ Hugs, Anne x

Sarn said...

Awww delightful image and card. Good for you on using up some of your stock of flowers.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Di said...

Just beautiful Maureen! So perfectly finished with the flowers - now I know why you didn't hop into the Snippets Playground yelling to be included in the giveaway the other week :) Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

Thanks for showing me a good way to use my Graphic 45 paper that I have in this pattern. I just bought it 'cause I thought the babies were so cute! Had no idea as to how I would use it. I think the flowers on this card are just fine...as the image is soft & dreamy, the flowers work fine. (at least IMHO). A very pretty card, and it's always so great when you can pull one together fast with cutouts. Hugs.

Tracy said...

I have the opposite problem as you, I love to make cards, but don't seem to send them out, lol.
Such a precious card.
I too have that paper line, but have yet to cut into it.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just beautiful.. love it and amused by card stories above.. love Shaz.xx

Ellibelle said...

So adorable! Loving that image and fabulous design! Thanks for playing in my word play saturday challenge!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card with a little vintage touch. Of course, the flowers suits little boy's cards! Don't you know any gardener? LOL
Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Please join also our blog hop & win some blog candy!
Hugs
Anna xxx

Esther said...

Aw!!! Such a sweet, darling card!
Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!!!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Such a sweet image and your embellishments just make it sweeter! Thank you for sharing your creation at CTO for our "Green, white and one other color" challenge :)