Saturday 16 November 2013

Christmas Card Club - Pretty in Pink

In keeping with the spirit of horses established on my last post, I decided to make a Christmas card with a horse theme!  You all know that I come from a very horsey family, so there will be no lack of takers for this type of card. lol  I often wonder how I escaped the horsey gene...
You will have to forgive the fuzziness of my photo...I have somehow managed to get my camera settings out of order and I can not seem to get them back to snuff...I need to take my camera in to have it checked and restored to what I am used to! In the past couple of weeks all the photos on my blog are not "crisp" for want of a better word.

Here is a bit of a closeup...not sure if you can see the Spica pen sparkling on the black fur trim of the sleigh, and the Stardust Stickles on the ladies hand muff. The snowflakes are a silver glitter  Martha Stewart snowflake layered on top of an Impression Obsession Pink glitter one. This photo is a little "crisper' but the camera was only a couple of inches away from the card.


The fabulous horse drawn sleigh caught my eye on this Stampendous stamp. My Dad and sister always did up a vintage Santa sitting in an antique horse drawn sleigh at Christmastime. It sat in the front garden of the farm, welcoming the visitors. When my sister got married, Dad took her to the church in a horse drawn carriage. You can see why I was instantly draw to this image.

I knew I  had to have this stamp as soon as I laid eyes on it. Lucky for me, that LSS has a 40% off coupon almost every week. It is one of the places on my errands lists on my walking days! lol

This fortnight, the lovely Carol from CM Design chose the Christmas card theme of Pretty in Pink. As this stamp so easily suits pretty colours and dies, I knew right away what card I would make. I coloured the image with copics and then die cut and matted it using Spellbinders

Recipe:
Card base and envelope - from my stash
Cardstock - snippets of pink, and white from my stash
Glitter paper - from my stash Best Creations Glitter paper in pink and in silver
Bling - mini clear diamonds from my stash
Punch - Martha Stewart snowflake
Dies - Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles (I think)
Stamp - Stampendous Sleigh Bells

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Marks Finest Papers Speedy TV Christmas Card Challenge - must be Christmas
3. Christmas Card Club - Pretty in Pink
4. CHNC Extra - Always Anything Christmas Goes

39 comments:

Bonnie said...

I always thought it would be so much fun to ride in a horse drawn sleigh! And this one is just as I always pictured! Love the fancy rectangle framing too! Gorgeous!

Mrs A. said...

This card looks gorgeous in pink. Love how it shows through the spellbinders die and that stamp is just super. Hugs Mrs A.

Kristi said...

Oh, This is fabulous! Love the image and colors you used! Very beautiful,Mo!♥

Diana Seal said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! Love your pink color theme and the sparkles!
It's so romantic having a horse drawn carriage for your sisters wedding and so sweet of your dad.
Have a great weekend!
Diana

Tracy said...

Very pretty card and such a pretty image.
Love that your dad took your sister to her wedding in a horse drawn carriage.
Hubby is very allergic to horses. Didn't know this until we were at my best friends wedding in the country.
When we got in the car to go home, he was having trouble breathing. When I asked why he didn't tell me earlier..he said he didn't want me to have to leave early…crazy guy.
He didn't even touch the horse.
On my bucket list is to actually ride a horse, never have.

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS!!!! This is so very pretty and I love the way you framed it out! Yes, I can see the shine on the fur trim and hand muff too. Definitely a WOW card!!!
Lynn

Shelby said...

Such a pretty card and love the die cut you've used.

Shelby

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Love the image and the sentiment Maureen. The glitter card around the edge looks gorgeous and the die you used to cut the image out is so pretty! Susan x

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Fabulous image .... Love the Die to.... Stunning card.... Mine is nearly ready just got to take Picture
Hugs Sylvie xx

Christine Harrop said...

I agree with Diana. So romantic to have a ride in a horse drawn carriage and to be taken to your wedding in one - your sister must have been thrilled. This card is absolutely gorgeous Maureen. Hugs Christine xx

dutchess said...

Hi Maureen ...I agree that is just the most amazing image! and I love love all the glitter....great matting love that....hugs

Liz said...

So pretty !!! Hugs xx

Redanne said...

Such an elegant card, I just love that image, so perfect for a Christmas card and I love the beautiful frame too. I really like the touch of sparkle on the muff too. Hugs, Anne x

Pat said...

What an unusual Christmas image and lovely harmonious colour combination. I really love that Spellbinder Die too. Beautiful!

Planetsusie said...

Hi there Maureen - this is so lovely, I absolutely adore that image! You have used a gorgeous die on here as well, perfect for the sleigh ride!

Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

MagsB said...

What a gorgeous, romantic Christmas card! Wouldn't you just love to ride in the fab sleigh, all bundled up nice and warm?! Beautiful!

love Mags B x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
such a super card. Love that stamp, and it sounds like a bargain.
I do love the oldy worldy charm about this card, but with a new twist with the lovely die cuts.
Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Mo, I like the vintage style image and the way you ave framed it!
Kevin xx

Karen Petitt said...

Oh that's gorgeous Mo, I love that image and the pink layers and the snowflake embellishments are perfect x

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Maureen, love the image and your die...and the whole card looks so pretty in pink especially with all the sparkle. Carol x

Sue said...

Reminds me of when we went to New York and had a horse and carriage ride, lovely card Maureen :) lots of huggles Sue xxxxx

May said...

Beautiful card Love the image & the colours of Pink & Silver together are perfect... Hugs May x x x

Pia S said...

This is really beautiful, Maureen! LOVE the image you've used and you've made such a beautiful frame of die cuts for it! The pink works so well with this design!

Peanut said...

This is nothing short of stunning, Maureen. Love that horse and carriage....how romantic....and just the right amount of pink too. Have grand week, my friend!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Darnell said...

Maureen, what a lovely classic scene with the horse-drawn sleigh and I love it in the nontraditional pink color very much! Excellent use of snippets and your details are shimmery delights!! Genes are a funny thing, aren't they?! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Fabulous card Mo! LOVE the pink of course, such a great image too.

Hugs, Di xx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Mo, love the pretty frame and the sparkly snowflake, they really set the image off, Cathy x

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, love the die cut frame and the gorgeous snowflake!
hugs
glenda

MaryH said...

This stamp is just wonderful. So Victorian, and I've always wanted to ride in a horse drawn sleigh (on my bucket list!). I could see your black Spica glittering beautifully, and I love the S/B you chose for your image too. This is a wonderful pretty in pink card. Great work. TFS & hugs.

Jules said...

I am loving the horse theme you have going at the moment and am also rather envious of the fact that you only have another 18 Christmas cards to make.

There are a few more than that on my list LOL!!

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog.

Have a great day.

Love Jules xx

nwilliams6 said...

What a pretty pink Christmas card - such a great vintage feel to this and the elegant die cut is perfect with the sparkle! Well done! Hugz!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet Mo, love the die cut with the card behind it, the stamp and all that lovely glitter and sparkle. Hope you get your camera fixed soon, technology is fantastic when it's working!

Hugs
Brenda

Hettie said...

Gosh Mo. This is beautiful and I can see why you fell in love with that stamp. I am too now.
You have done it proud with your card and love that Spellbinders die - what is it?
As for your camera, is it on macro? I only ask as the smaller picture did so well at close up!
Hugs
xx

Zoe Tant said...

So pretty. Love all the delicate detail. Zx

Sarn said...

Hi Mo . . . absolutely LOVELY festive card.

So different, but so elegant.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Hazel said...

Sorry I'm so late commenting - it's been a hectic time recently. Very pretty card for Carol's CCC challenge - you could enter this into my CHNCChallenge x

cotnob said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card, fabulous image and I love all of the sparkle.
Pauline
x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Mo love that image so much also that beautiful frame, smashing card.
hugs
lorraine x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering this delightful card for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon. x