Sunday 10 November 2013

Twelve Days Of Christmas - Day 7 - Mouse Trap Fridge Magnet

Not sure how I feel about this project. I certainly meets the brief of Day 7 but.....
A shudder ran through me when I read the project!
Off to the dollar store I ran to pickup a mouse trap and I must say it was an easy challenge to make.

A few snippets of the leftover Best Creations green and fed glitter card, a K&Co Dec 25 die cut, a Martha Stewart punched snowflake, a diamond bling and a snippet of swiss dotted ribbon...that was it...my project was done.

We usually go for a drive out to see the Christmas displays. There are whole streets in our area who decorated with lights all over their front gardens. They sync the lights flashing to music and have areas that kiddies (or grownups) can walk through. Generally, there is a collection box for their favourite charity.

I look forward to those drives as there are some spectacular homes and sometimes even whole streets! I will use my fridge magnet to hold the newspaper clipping that lists all the best addresses for the current year.

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
1. Marks Finest Papers Twelve Days Of Christmas - Day 7 Mouse trap Fridge Magnet

10 comments:

Planetsusie said...

Well Maureen - methinks you have saved one little mousey by using this one for 'altered art'! So nice one! LOL. I do love how you have designed this though, I would never have thought of using a mouse trap ... ever!

I have heard that streets over there do their houses up for charity. What a lovely thought and kind gesture. I just wish we could hop on a train for half a day! I am sure you enjoyed yourselves.!

Love and hugs Sue Pxxx

PS I told Blossom she would be able to have safe sex but she said "the urge has gone mum!!" Ooops. She had her op on Friday and a check up this morning and is fine. Bless her. Glad you liked the story about her though.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

How unusual Maureen, it looks really pretty Aldo e. up like that. Susan x

Redanne said...

Can't think of a better alternative use for a mouse trap! Great project Maureen. Hugs, Anne x

McCrafty's Cards said...

I love it Mo its fabulous!!!
Kevin xx

Brenda Brown said...

Never tried one but this is great.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Hettie said...

This is fabulous Mo. I have a few mousetraps which I keep meaning to alter but yours is great!
Hugs
xx

Tracy said...

I remember when I had seen a company come out with a board they were selling with (what looked to me like mouse traps) on it. And thought what the heck.
Then I see projects like your and say…oh my that looks fabulous ;)
Love the traditional colours :)

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeously decorated Mo and at least one poor mouse saved! A fab fridge magnet too, your neighbourhood lights sound fab x

Carol L said...

Very clever decoration, and I don't think too many notes will fall off the fridge with this little gem!

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the sound of your tours through the neighborhood during the Christmas season. Sounds like great fun. Your mouse trap fridge magnet is wonderful!
hugs
Glenda