Sunday 27 April 2014

Christmas Card Club # 9 Black, White and Another Colour - Cards 9 and 10

Time for my biweekly Christmas Card Club where a group of lovely ladies and I take turns choosing a theme for our latest Christmas card. It was Karen's turn at Stamping in Pink, and she chose Black, White, and another colour!

This one really stretched my imagination. I was surprised to see how hard it could be. I think my mind was probably on my Mum and not the challenge, but I did struggle a bit with this one. Once a plan was in place, I really enjoyed it...just took me a while to get one!  lol

I kept wanting to grab some red...but now that it is done, I do like it.  I will use this card for a special someone who loves to receive religious Christmas cards. Can't say who, as she reads my blog occasionally.
Here is  peek at the inside...It is not the perfect sentiment...but I only have a couple of religious ones...

I will be adding a second card to this post as soon as my camera charges.  Then I can link it up to Rudolph Days over at Sarn's (Stamping Ground). You have from the 25th till the end of each month, to link your two Christmas card post.

Recipe:
Card base - from my stash
Design Paper - WRMK Yuletide, green snowflakes (from my stash) and a wee snippet of MME Xmas, black and white border strip
Card Stock - snippets of white and black from my stash
Ribbon - glitter ribbon VOS (can't even remember where I got it)
Dies - Marianne doily die; impression Obsession snowflakes
Bling - enamel dots from a Halloween clearance last winter!
Stamp - Hero Arts Crafts 2013 Die 024X
Rubons - Marah  Johnson Switch Book Christmas Impress-onsSentiment stamp - Hobby Arts Surrey, Wise Men

****************This is card #9 of 50. I am on a consumables spending freeze until I have made 50 cards (Sook Wang tape and heavy weight card stock are exempt).***************

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Christmas Card Club - Black, White and another Colour
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
3. Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card front with paper
4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything goes but must be Christmas

My second card is to form the duet so I can enter at Rudolph Day.  This time it is grey, white and one other color.  Kept this very simple as I am still unpacking and getting organized from my trip.


And the inside...



Recipe:
DP - SEI Silver Valley, Star Gazing
Card Stock - Snippets of red card stock from my stash
Die - Couture Creations Magical Christmas; Impression Obsession Small Snowflakes
Bling - clear tiny diamonds from my stash
Sentiment Stamp - Stampendous Warmest Greeting 1998

****************This is card #10 of 50. I am on a consumables spending freeze until I have made 50 cards (Sook Wang tape and heavy weight card stock are exempt).***************

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Rudolph Days Stamping For Pleasure - must be two Christmas cards on same post
2. MFP Speedy TC Christmas Card Challenge - must be Christmas, Anything goes

35 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a very lovely card I'm sure come Christmas your friend will love it.
Lorraine

Peanut said...

Gorgoeus.... just gorgeous, Maureen. LOVE that image and the sentiment inside is perfect too. Hope all is well with your Mum.
Sending hugs,
Asha

Sue said...

Hi Mo!! this is fab..I was like you I really struggled doing this challenge and had a few mishaps with ideas I had that didn't work out! but then I just got on with it..hope you are all well..lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mrs A. said...

I think we all struggled in one way or another. Love the colour combo you went with in the end.
hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

I think it is totally yummy, Maureen! No red, no. It's perfect!! Hugs, Darnell

dutchess said...

Hi Maureen...sorry just getting round to commenting my hubby is recently out of hospital and needs a lot of care!...men....
Love your cards and I think your bauble design is lovely....lovedthis challenge...xxxx

Planetsusie said...

Hi Maureen - I think this is lurvely it really is unusual and very creative. I also wanted to use a bit of red but stuck to a dark green in the end! The bauble image is wonderful, I just love this one to bits.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

PS Will tell you about the decorating soon - talk about a huuuuge faux pas!!

Planetsusie said...

PPS Meant the decorating of our dining room by the way!!!

Hugs Sue Pxxx

Di said...

Fabulous Mo - the greens are gorgeous! And I also love your second card for RD - what a die cut!!

Hugs, Di xx

Christine Harrop said...

This is lovely Maureen, and so is the second one! I think a few of us have struggled this time. Hope your mum is okay. Love and hugs from Christine xx

Sarn said...

Two VERY different but wonderful festive cards here Mo.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Karen Petitt said...

Both of these are stunning Mo! I have no idea why I chose B&W plus one other colour - I found it a struggle myself - so I guess it's good that we stretch ourselves! Sending you hugs Karen x

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful colors combination, beautiful details and layout! I love
black and red, very particular!
Hugs, Ileana

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful cards - I especially love the second one. I really like how you finished the insides. I wish I would do that more - I usually scramble in December and stamp the same sentiment in a bunch of cards at once. Wishing you a joyful day!

cotnob said...

Two gorgeous Christmas cards, I especially love the colours on the first one and the insides look beautifully finished as well.
Pauline
x

jimlynn said...

Both are so beautiful and just perfect for Christmas! Love all those pretty snowflakes drifting around too. Fantastic cards.
Lynn

Gibmiss said...

Hi Maureen
Fabulous card....,love the green....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Hazel said...

Lovely cards. I particularly like the green with the black and white for Karen's CCC challenge. Thanks for entering this into my CHNC challenge extra for April and also my Patterned Paper April challenge - hope to see you there again soon. x

Jules said...

Hi Maureen

Two beautiful Christmas cards.

I love the colour combintions .. .. especially the first one.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

You did beautifully on the black, white and green card! I bought this stamp off a clearance shelf and this reminds me to use it! Love the gray, white and red card too! I always love red on a Christmas card! I put myself on a spending freeze for lent. Now I have to put on the brakes and remind myself that there's still lots in my stash that I haven't used.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful Christmas Cards...I love the snowflakes on both of your cards...Hugs, joann

MaryH said...

Best wishes to your Mom...hope things are going ok. This is a beautiful card (and you've seen me use this stamp, so you know I love it!). It's so pretty with the colors you chose, and yes, I struggled with the B&W. I don't 'think' Black & white when I plan cards, so it was a good stretch for me. Love your layout and the fun trims you chose. Off to enjoy your 2nd card. Sorry to be late visiting. TFS & Hugs.

Carol L said...

The color combo on the first is wonderful and I love the snowflake accents! the 2nd is equally pretty with different colors and a great inside sentiment too!

Tracy said...

Both of your cards are beautiful.
Love your take on the first challenge. Great colour combo :)

Mary Jo said...

Fabulous cards!!
I really like that pretty spring green with the black and white :)

Pia S said...

Your first card looks special without the use of red, I'm no fan of green but I'm surprised how well it works with the b&w color scheme! And I can see that you covered your urge to use red for your second card, this one has a great clean design, a design fit for mass production if needed...

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

These are so pretty! I adore the green, white and black combo without a touch of red in sight. :)

LesleyG said...

Very pretty cards, but I love the green one especially. Great challenge I might have a go at the black, white + other! xxx

Shelby said...

Both of these cards are fab! The black, green and white one is awesome with wonderful mix of texture and shape!!

Shelby

Jenny Marples said...

Love the very non-traditional colour schemes you've used on these lovely cards. Jenny x

Helen said...

Two gorgeous cards.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Helen N x

Unknown said...

Lovely two cards, the first is my fav and your extra colour of green looks so pretty.xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Such beautiful Christmas creations. Both are very elegant.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Erika said...

Hi Mo, great Christmas cards, I do envy those who make them during the year and don't have the mad dash and panic I do in December. Every year I say I'll start earlier and I get even later!
Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

Greta said...

Great cards! I truly love the black, white & green one & the sentiment is perfect in my opinion. I know this one will be treasured!