Saturday 24 May 2014

May 2014 Rudolph Day - Card 19 and Card 20

Once again, it is the 25th of the month (British time) and time to join Sarn over at Stamping For Pleasure. From the  25th till the end of each month,  Sarn hosts a Rudolph Day challenge on her blog. You must submit two cards on the same post, and they must be Christmas themed! Pop on over and check it out. She usually has a lovely little prize you can win...

Made these two Christmas cards while I was helping out at my Mum's. Her next door neighbour is the kindest lady. She loaned me a folding banquet table which I set up in Mum's guest room. I was then able to make a couple of cards while I was there.

Card 19
The sand is made by freehand cutting some sand dunes from kraft card stock and inking the edges
I then matted the Three Wise Men with glitter//shimmer paper. I thought it was fitting for their stature!
I wish I had stamped the image onto a larger piece of cardstock as I feel that the image is tucked too low on the card. I only had one image with me, so I was stuck with the look of this one...
 I placed a clear diamond bling in the Star...trying to make it look like the Star of Wonder, Star of Light.


Sorry about the glare off the RV window...it is very sunny here today! The light is catcching on the purple glitter paper and this was the best photo of the bunch...

Recipe
Card base and envelope - hand cut card and envelope from my stash
DP - Best Creations, Christmas Wishes
Card Stock - snippets of kraft card stock
Ink - ColorBok  Chalk Ink, Chestnut Roan
Stamp - Stampendous, Travelling Far
Sentiment Stamp - Hobby Art Wise Men

Card 20
The topper is by Wild Rose Studio, matted on some very dark green glittery plaid paper. The card base is covered in a snowflake patterned kraft look DP and the Merry Christmas is from my stash. I kept this card quite simple and just added the sentiment and one layered poinsettia from my stash. That is one more stash flower used up, so I have adjusted the flower ticker at the top of my blog!


Recipe
Card base and envelope -  from my stash
DP - Best Creations, Christmas Wishes
Sentiment - from a sheet of preprinted Xmas sentiments, from my stash
Flower - layered poinsettia from my stash
Image - Wild Rose Studio Bluebell topper from my stash

Once again,  I had to leave the inside of these cards till I get home again. I just could not bring everything with  me that I would need to stamp and finish those too.  I have quite a pile of cards to finish up...will have to do a catch up post of them all completed!

****************These are cards #19 and card #20 of 50. I am on a consumables spending freeze until I have made 50 cards (Sook Wang tape and heavy weight card stock are exempt).***************

I am entering these cards in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - must be Christmas
3. MFP Speedy TV Christmas Card Challenge - must be Christmas
4. Stamping for Pleasure Rudolph Day - must be Christmas and two cards on one post
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with paper

42 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

50 cards is a whole lot of cards, good luck! These two are lovely, especially liking #19, very traditions image and I love how you show the desert sand!
hugs
Glenda

Tracy said...

These are real beauties for your stash. Love the sand dunes on the first and that sweet deer couldn't be any cuter. Hugs!

Pia S said...

The blue glitter frame is such a fab detail, Maureen! I love how it adds a bit of color as well as sparkle to this lovely, traditional scene!
Your second card is really cute, great use of glitter paper here too!

Dragon said...

Well done for being first. Lovely cards. Especially like the way you've created the sand dunes.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

They are beautiful!

Hugs
Maarit

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Mo these two are awesome, wow, love how you have created the sand dunes on the first one, that second card is totally cute and adorable, superb work.
hugs
lorraine x

Sarn said...

Morning Mo

Thanks for entering these 2 great cards into Rudolph Day. I think your Wise Men card looks just fine as it is. I LOVE that you made some sand dunes to go with the image - very clever.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

jimlynn said...

Two wonderful cards for the holidays! Love the way you used the blue framing around that image on the first card. The second is as cute as can be!
Lynn

Jenny Marples said...

Two great cards here. Love the way you've added the sand dunes to the first one. Jenny x

Carol L said...

Great job on both cards, and I especially love that precious reindeer on the 2nd! Love your blog tickers too :)

LesleyG said...

Lovely cards, very sparkly, and particularly like the sand dunes and cute bambi deer! xxx

KandA said...

Both fabulous cards. Love the design of the first and that is such a cute little bambi on the second. (reminds me I've a couple of those yet to be inked up) xx

KandA said...

Both fabulous cards. Love the design of the first and that is such a cute little bambi on the second. (reminds me I've a couple of those yet to be inked up) xx

Kathleen said...

Two brilliant cards, love the way you have done the sand layers and a lovely image.
Cute second card and gorgeous embellishments.

Kath x

mamapez5 said...

I like the first card best, and I think the kings are fine where they are. Good use of kraft for the dunes. In my heart I really like my Christmas cards to reflect the Christmas story, but when they don't, I put a relevant text inside.
The second image is very cute and has made another lovely card. Kate x

Jean said...

Two lovely cards, I especially like the first one. The sand dunes look great and the blue mat adds a nice touch of colour and sparkle.
Jean x

cotnob said...

Two fabulous Christmas cards, I love the sand and traditional image on the first one.
Your Wild Rose Studio topper is adorable and your Poinsettia embellishment is perfect.
Pauline
x

Sassy Raggedy said...

Both cards are just wonderful...I love the sand on the first one and how adorable the second is. Hugs, joann

Darnell said...

Fantastic cards, Maureen! I really love those sand dunes!! I hope you are having a great time!! Hugs, Darnell

Tracy said...

Lovely cards :)
Even though we can't bring all of our crafty supplies to the cottage, it is fun coming up with other ways to use the supplies and items we find there :)
Hope you are enjoying your time away.
We had a wonderful time at our cottage as we always do :)

Cathy said...

Great cards Mo, love how you've done the sand, very effective, Cathy x

Lynn said...

Two lovely cards - I really like the blue glitter frame and the sand detail. Lynn x

Twinks Stamping said...

Two lovely and very different cards. One very traditional and one whimsical one. Love them both. xx Jan xx

Linby said...

Two great cards. I like how you did the layout on the first one, it's so effective.
Linbyx

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful cards! I love purple glitter paper with kraft card stock of dune.
Image of second card is so sweet and I like poinsettia.
Ileanaxxxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Maureen so lovely both these card but must admit love first one best.. thanks for popping over too, Shaz in oz.x

Di said...

Two lovely cards Mo! Both are fabulous but I have to say the san dunes on your first one are really clever - and that stamp is a great favourite of mine too!

Hope you're having a fun time.

Hugs, Di xx

Mary Jo said...

Fabulous cards!

Sue - said...

Two lovely cardsbut my favourite is the top one. Love your sand dunes!

Wishcraft said...

Such lovely cards, your layered sand looks fabulous! Hugs, Lisa x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Two lovely cards! I really like how you created the sand on the top card - and love the non-traditional colours! The second card is just adorable! The poinsettia is the perfect touch!

Hugs,
Kitty

Greta said...

These are great! How nice that your mom's neighbor had a table for you to use!

Jules said...

Hi Mo

Two very different but equally lovely cards.

Well done on keeping to your consumables spending freeze .. .. nearly half way!

Hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

Hettie said...

I just love these cards, the first one specially. The sand is genius!
Clever you.
Hugs
xx

Sally H said...

Two wonderful Christmas cards, Mo! I particularly love the wise men - gorgeous image and fab sand dunes!

Debs Willis said...

These are both great! Love the sand dunes :-)
Debs x

Karen Petitt said...

Well done on keeping up with your self challenge Mo. Two lovely Christmas cards, love that cute deer on the bottom one!
Apologies for no visits recently - am trying to catch up this week! Hope you are having a lovely time wherever you are. There is nothing wrong with the photo's of the cards huni Karen x

Renate said...

Mooie kaarten. Heel leuk gemaakt. En bedankt voor je deelname bij CHCC Extra.

Groetjes, Renate

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I noticed the flower ticker at the top and wondered what that was about. That's pretty nifty and kudos to you for being so diligent at using them up. I could plant a forest of flowers myself. I love your two offerings this month. I think the placement is fine for the wise men card and the Wild Rose one is so sweet.

debby4000 said...

What lovely Christmas cards. I'm starting to feel guilty not making any but I think I will wait till after my holiday in June.
luv
Debby

Hazel said...

Thank you for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for May - hope to see you again soon - thank you also for entering this for my Patterned Paper May challenge. x

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for May and also CHNC challenge extra for May - hope to see you again soon. x