Monday 2 June 2014

Flowers Galore - Card 21

In keeping with my goal to use up 365 flowers this year, I thought it was time to show another card of blooms. The flower ticker at the top of my blog is my reminder to stick to my goal, and I must say it is spurring me on to keep creating cards that showcase them.



I bought these flowers at Michael's, a short while before starting my consumables freeze. They are NBUS (never before used stash) but stash never the less. Old or new, it feels good to use up some of my flower stash. So 14 more flowers added to the ticker today!!!

The tag is from a Michael's clearance after Valentines Day. It is from a package of four tags that I found for 80% off. Now that is a sale!

I managed to use a couple of snippets (the pink hessian, the hot pink border and the kraft mat behind it) so I will popping by the playground to visit my pals at Pixies Crafty  Workshop.

Here is a bit of a side view that perhaps shows the depth of the floral bouquet. Some of the flowers are two layers deep...others just single flowers.


Recipe
Card Base and envelope - 5 1/2 inch square textured card from my stash
DP - Hip Hip Hooray AC  from my stash
Card Stock - snippet of Kraft from my stash
Fiber - snippet of hot pink hessian from my stash
Tag -  from my stash (Michael's originally)
Flowers - from my stash (Michael's originally)
Butterfly - was in the flower package from my stash

****************This is card #21 of 50. I am on a consumables spending freeze until I have made 50 cards (Sook Wang tape and heavy weight card stock are exempt).***************

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with paper
3. Use Your Stuff - Patterned Paper #138
4. The Butterfly Challenge - Bingo; butterflies, diecuts, designer paper...this is stretching it a bit as I did not use the diecuts to create this tag...but the manufacturer did!

19 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely sunny colours Mo.

Hope your week is a good one.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

Well you are certainly getting through those flowers Maureen! And you have created a gorgeous card too! Good for you. I think we should all take a leaf out of your book because we must all have so much stash between us! Hugs Christine xx

Jo said...

Lovely card Maureen, and wow, can't believe you have that many flowers to get through lol!
hugs Jo x

Carol L said...

Whoa, just look at all those pretty flowers!! They look sensational on that bargain tag and piece of pink burlap! Well done, and way to keep those goals you set for yourself!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

You have outdone yourself with the lovely arrangement of flowers. Really great card overall!

jimlynn said...

Oh, I LOVE all those wonderful flowers!!! VERY pretty and the pink burlap just sets it all off. Very nice.
Lynn

Jean said...

I love your great flower display, set off beautifully with the pretty papers.
Jean x

Mrs A. said...

Would love to see your card over at my bingo challenge . You really are flying through your stash of supplies. We should all be taking a leaf from your book.! Hugs mrs A.

Wishcraft said...

Ooh very pretty - love all the flowers! Lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Tracy said...

You are rocking your "use up your flowers" challenge to yourself and making 50 cards,
Good for you and your cards are all looking great :)
I am impressed on how many challenges you can link to one card.
I keep meaning to enter challenges but I soon forget, lol.

Greta said...

What a great card--love how you used those neat kraft flowers! Beautiful!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wow Maureen that's a fabulous card and I do love those flowers! Almost half way on your spending freeze! Susan x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Maureen, I love your flowers and pretty papers.
I'm sorry you missed out on the House-Mouse stamps.
Pauline
x

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card there Mo. Liking the lickle flowers.
Hugs
xx

Mrs A. said...

Glad you fluttered by . A die cut is a die cut and its on yor card. And very pretty it looks too with all those die cut flowers that Michal kindly made for you. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

KandA said...

Gorgous card Mo. Super design and lovely colours xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card. I love all the layers and great textures. Thanks for joining our challenge at Use Your Stuff this week.
Tammy DT

Di said...

Fabulous Mo! I love all those flowers, you really are on a roll!

Hugs, Di xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Fantastic Mo. I was wondering if you die cut or punched all those flowers. Wonderful design Hugs, joann