Thursday 8 June 2017

Yet another Bday card from the set I made for a friend


Here is another of the Birthday cards I made for my friend.  She uses cards for the classmates of her son and daughter, so I made her 4 of each type.

They are all quite simple and straight forward, and I had a lot of fun making them.  I do not use bold colours enough, so choosing bright, vivid colours for the boy cards was great fun.

This is another card made from my snippets, so it was just a matter of going through them and choosing colours and patterns that went together.

You may remember the stars from the last card. I off-centered and double layered the larger two I used here...Orange pop dotted on top of aqua in the top left and aqua on top of orange in the middle right. I have been punching and die cutting stars from my teensy snippets. It is such a great way to use up those tiny scraps.

My NBUS item is the Somewhere In Time, Birthday Celebrations stamp, used for the cake image.
This is a three dollar, dollar store stamp. There are about a dozen stamps in this package and I am looking forward to trying some of the other ones too.

 I slid an unknown snippet of unknown blue jean DP under the sentiment paper...just to make the border wider.  That way, the narrower snippet of striped DP on the bottom, fit the card.The blue jean material has a lovely texture and a shimmer to it as well.

Recipe
Handmade card 5 1/2 x 5 1/2
Envelope - from my stash
Card - snippet of rust Bazzill heavy weight DP
DP - left over snippets of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper from my stash, Creative imaginations, Make a Wish
Embellies - stars cut from snippets of matching Bazzill heavy weight card.
Colouring method - Polychromo pencil crayons and gamsol
Stickles - Star Dust

I am entering this card in the following challenges: (will add later tonight)

18 comments:

Sarn said...

Love the look of this colourful birthday card. Brilliant.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

mamapez5 said...

A lovely bright and cheerful card. Ideal for a youngster, or an 'oldster' come to that! Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the bright vibrant colours on this great little card, perfect for a boys birthday.

Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely bright, fun colours on this card again Maureen, love it.
Lorraine

Cara said...

This is a fab card for a young chap. Stars make a great embelishment on a male card x

Carol L said...

What a fun design with all those stripes of wonderful color! Festive for a great birthday!

Mrs A. said...

Absolute fab and colourful card. Perfect for a child's birthday. Hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

A fabulous Birthday card Maureen, such a lovely bright design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
such a very lovely card and a beautiful and colourful design too.
It nice to make bright colours for boys for a change.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Really lovely bright and beautiful card, great design too.

Kath x

Liz said...

Fabulous bright card, Maureen, which I'm sure any child would be thrilled to receive. I used to make all the children in my class a birthday card, when I was teaching full time. That was in the days before I discovered blogging and I wish now I'd taken photos of my card designs. xx

Greta said...

Fun, festive BD card, Maureen--great use of your snippets!

KandA said...

Fabulous fun and cheerful card Maureen, super design for any child xx

Darnell said...

You do great work with bold colors, Mo, this is a treat of a card with these colors and patterns and stars!! Go you for using NBUS and snippets!! Hugs, Darnell

Wishcraft said...

Great card for a child Maureen, lovely and bright :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The bold colors are so wonderful for a cheery birthday card!

Barb said...

A lovely bright and cheery Birthday card Maureen. Barbxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Adorable card, Mo. I love the colors.
Hugs,
Em xoxox